Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some sunshine and some rain......

Hi friends,

In my last post, I raised the need to change, rather revamp our education system. I hope those of you who read my blog would agree that education system of today helps our children to just cram up silly, instead of preparing them for the battle ahead, in real terms.

Well, I saw the movie "3 Idiots" recently and I couldnt help but marvel over what Aamir Khan says at one point, "Kamyaab hone ke liye nahi, kaabil hone ke liye padho." It set me thinking. Is today's education system doing that? or is it just churning out young professionals like the assembly line factories producing cars, scooters, bikes, etc?

However, talking about what is wrong and what should be done is kind of boring, right? Everybody does that these days, especially since the advent of 24x7 TV channels. So, what can we do that is different and result-oriented? Hmmm, thats an important question.
Well, to begin with, we could raise our voice, of course to be heard.

Start with your kids. Show some interest, not only in whether they do their homework on time or are they toppers in their class. But also in whether their school, your children's school is giving out the right education in the right manner.

There could be nothing more pathetic than if tomorrow, our children grew up and they were forced to call out to us:

"Give me some sunshine, give me some rain, give me another chance, I wanna grow up once again....."

It is still not too late. We can still bring change......

No comments:

Post a Comment